Friday, March 26, 2010

Knitted Coat

I had three knitting projects going on at the same time, mostly because we were flying around so much and I wanted easy, straightforward knits without shaping or complicated patterns on the plane. Now I finish them up one after the other. The first one is this coat, made of an other coat that I didn't like. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture before I unraveled it but imagine a complicated lace pattern and a light blue color. Honestly, it looked like a bathrobe. The color of the yarn was definitely too girly for me, therefore I bought a thinner grey yarn in order to knit both colors together and get a tweed effect. And I like it! The coat is pretty heavy now (over 2 pounds), but it's great for the upcoming fog season (aka summer) in San Francisco! I did a bit of shaping but no pattern. The stockinette stitch lets the hems unroll, an unfinished look that I especially like.

Ich hatte zeitweise drei Lismeten parallel, v.a. weil wir viel herumgeflogen sind und ich im Flugzeug jeweils nichts kompliziertes dabei haben will. Das älteste Projekt ist jetzt fertig: ein Strickmantel. Die hellblaue Wolle ist vom Köbu und ich hatte daraus bereits einen andern Strickmantel gestrickt, mit kompliziertem Spitzenmuster etc. Die Farbe ist aber viel zu mädchenhaft für mich und so hat der Strickmantel eher wie ein Bademantel gewirkt... Für diesen Mantel habe ich nun zusätzlich einen dünnen dunkelgrauen Faden mitgestrickt, so dass ein Tweedmuster entstand. Jetzt gefällt mir der Mantel! Ich habe ihn glatt rechts gestrickt und somit rollen sich die Säume etwas auf - durchaus gewollt, ich mag, dass das so ein bisschen unfertig wirkt. Seitlich habe ich für die Taille ein paar Maschen ab- und zugenommen, ansonsten ist alles sehr schlicht.

No comments:

Post a Comment